Covid - 19 Update
We are very excited to announce that we have received notice from the Ontario Health Department and we are officially permitted to offer our Summer Camp program for 2020
To ensure the safety of all who attend please view our new covid procedures & cancelation policy below.
MJM Riding School Team
Our camps are available for children ages 5 to 15. This is a structured program designed to build strong skills in riding, horsemanship and stable management.
The goal is not only to teach horseback riding in a fun-filled environment but also teaches the importance of safety when working with horses along with respect, responsibility and care towards fellow riders and horses.
What Campers Need to Bring
· Peanut free lunch with lots of snacks *due to COVID restrictions, lunch items cannot be shared amongst campers. Campers must also practice social distancing at lunch.
· LOTS of water, we recommend bringing a minimum of 1 litre *due to COVID restrictions, please label your child’s water bottle
· Hats, sunscreen & bug spray *due to COVID restrictions, children must bring and apply their own sunscreen and bug spray. Camp counsellors cannot apply, and these items cannot be shared amongst campers.
· Thursday is tie-dye day, campers will need to bring an item of their choice (t-shirt, pillowcase, socks, saddle pad, etc.) to participate in tie-dye. *Due to COVID restrictions we cannot provide an item for tie-dye. Campers who do not bring an item will not be able to participate.
What Campers Need to Wear
· ASTM Approved Riding Helmet. Due to COVID restrictions, we strongly recommend purchasing your own helmet. If you are not able to do so, we will provide a weekly rental at an additional cost of $10. This helmet will only be used for your child for the duration of the week. Helmets cannot be shared between campers under any circumstances.
· Long pants such as jeans or leggings for riding (No Shorts, Capris or Skirts) *please note that this is an outdoor camp, please dress appropriately.
· Sturdy boots that cover the ankle with at least a 1” heel such as rain boots
· If you have riding attire such as breeches, paddock boots & half chaps you can absolutely wear these
· Thin gloves such as gardening gloves (optional)
Price & Payment
Week of Camp 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: $300.00 tax included per camper *plus $10 helmet rental fee if required
Before Care 8:00 am - 9:00 am: $50.00 tax included per camper for all five days
After Care 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: $50.00 tax included per camper for all five days
Payment Due Date: Three weeks before selected date
Due to the COVID pandemic, we cannot accept cash or cheque payments for camp
E-transfer is a fast, secure & easy method of sending & tracking payments.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM: CLICK HERE
NEW COVID PROCEDURES
We are committed to providing a fun filled week of camp while practicing all recommended safety measures suggested by the Public Health Department. Below is a summary of changes to our camp program:
· All children must be screened for COVID daily. This will include a questionnaire and a temperature screen. Any campers with a temperature of over 38 degrees will not be permitted entry to camp. Any campers who have travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days, have been exposed to COVID in the past 14 days, or have symptoms of COVID will not be permitted entry to camp. Please be prepared for a delayed entry process in the mornings. Parents may not enter the camp area and will need to line up outside as all campers are screed by our Instructors. We will endeavour to process campers as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
· Each day will include a review with campers on proper hand washing/sanitizing protocols. Campers will also be supervised after washroom use and before food breaks to ensure proper procedures are being followed.
· Campers will be divided into cohorts of 8 with one dedicated staff to each cohort. There will be no interaction between the cohorts for the duration of the week.
· Our instructors will wear masks when mounting and dismounting children, and whenever social distancing cannot be practiced.
· All tack is sanitized between each rider.
· Our porta-a-potty will be sanitized between each cohort, as well as at the end of each day. We have also increased our service of the porta-a-potty and hand wash station, as well as purchased an extra hand sanitizer station.
· Each cohort will have their own arts and crafts items that will be sanitized by staff at the end of each day.
· Each cohort will have their own play items (balls, toys, etc.) that will be sanitized at the end of each day.
IN CASE OF A SUSPECTED OUTBREAK
We are extremely confident that our screening and increased sanitization will ensure the safety of all campers, however, we do have a clear plan in place of any suspected case of COVID:
· Any camper suspected of contracting COVID will be immediately isolated in our office, parents will be immediately contacted for pickup.
· All common surfaces will be immediately sanitized.
· The Public Health Department will be contacted, and we will follow all recommendations put forward by them.
A refund minus a $50.00 cancellation fee will be provided only if written notice via email of cancellation is provided two weeks prior to the first scheduled day of camp. If camp is cancelled by MJM Riding School a full refund will be provided.
We recognize that we are living in an ever changing world due to the current pandemic. We cannot admit children to camp who do not pass the Public Health Services COVID-19 screening. If a child registered for camp has a positive COVID-19 screen, there are several options available:
- You can attend your family physician’s office and obtain a medical note confirming that the camper does not have COVID. The camper will be permitted to attend camp again once they are symptom free for 24 hours with provision of this note.
- You can obtain a COVID-19 test through the City of Hamilton Public Health Services. The camper will be permitted to attend camp once they have a negative test result, and are symptom free for 24 hours.
- The camper can self isolate for 2 weeks, and can attend camp again after the 14 day isolation period.
In the case of a positive COVID-19 screen through the week, we cannot offer a refund. In the case of a positive COVID-19 screen affecting future weeks camps, a credit for a later week or the following season will be held on your account.
The COVID-19 screen is as follows:
Have you traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
Have you or anyone you have been in close contact tested positive for COVID19 in the past 14 days?
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
2020 Available Weeks
Week 1: July 6-10 Ancient Egypt
Week 2: July 13-17 A Bugs Life
Week 3: July 20-24 Christmas in July
Week 4: July 27-31 Medieval Times
Week 5: Aug 4-7 (Closed Civic Holiday Aug 3) Luau
Week 6: Aug 10-14 Circus
Week 7: Aug 17-21 International Week
Week 8: Aug 24-28 Wild West
DAILY SCHEDULE UPDATING SOON TO REFLECT NEW COVID PROCEDURES WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
|8:00 am to 9:00 am
|9:00 am to 9:30 am
||Introduction, Rules, Divide into Groups & Games
|9:30 am to 10:00 am
||All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
|10:00 am to 10:30 am
||Group A Stable Management
Group B Snack Break & Stable Management
Group C Morning Ride
|10:30 am to 11:00 am
||Group A Snack Break & Stable Management
Group B Morning Ride
Group C Snack Break and Stable Management
|11:00 am to 11:30 am
||Group A Morning Ride
Group B Stable Management
Group C Stable Management
|11:30 am to 12:00 pm
||All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
|12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
|12:30 pm to 1:00 pm
||All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
|1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
||Group A Afternoon Ride
Group B Craft
Group C Game
|1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
||Group A Snack Break & Game
Group B Afternoon Ride
Group C Snack Break & Craft
|2:00 pm to 2:30 pm
||Group A Craft
Group B Snack Break & Game
Group C Afternoon Ride
|2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
||All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
|3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
||Group Games or Stable Management
|4:00 pm to 5:00 pm