MJM Riding School PA Day Riding Camp
Our camps are available for children ages 5 to 15. This is a structured program designed to build strong skills in riding, horsemanship and stable management.
The goal is not only to teach horseback riding in a fun-filled environment but also teaches the importance of safety when working with horses and respect, responsibility and care towards fellow riders and horses.
PA Day Camp Dates
Friday September 20th 2019
Friday November 8th 2019
Friday November 29th 2019
2020 Dates Coming Soon
What Campers Need to Bring
- Peanut free lunch with lots of snacks
- LOTS of water, we recommend bringing a minimum of 1 litre
- A change of shorts or capris for games while not riding (optional)
- Hats, sunscreen & bugspray (Warm Months)
- LOTS of warm layers (Cold Months)
What Campers Need to Wear
- ASTM Approved Riding Helmet, MJM Riding School will provide a helmet or you may bring your own
- Long pants such as jeans or leggings for riding (No Shorts, Capris or Skirts)
- Sturdy boots that cover the ankle with at least a 1” heel such as rain boots
- If you have riding attire such as breeches, paddock boots & half chaps you can absolutely wear these
- Thin gloves such as gardening gloves (optional)
8:00 am – 9:00 am: Before Care
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Introduction, Rules & Divide into Groups
9:30 am – 10:00 am: All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
10:00 am – 10:30 am: Group A Stable Management. Group B Snack Break & Stable Management. Group C Morning Ride.
10:30 am – 11:00 am: Group A Snack Break & Stable Management. Group B Morning Ride. Group C Snack Break and Stable Management.
11:00 am – 11:30 am: Group A Morning Ride. Group B Stable Management. Group C Stable Management.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch Time
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Group A Afternoon Ride. Group B Craft. Group C Game.
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Group A Snack & Game. Group B Afternoon Ride. Group C Snack & Craft.
2:00 – 2:30 pm: Group A Craft. Group B Snack & Game. Group C Afternoon Ride.
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Group Games or Stable Management
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: After Care
Price & Payment
Single Day of Camp 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: $60.00 tax included per camper
Before Care 8:00 am - 9:00 am: $10.00 tax included per camper
After Care 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: $10.00 tax included per camper
Payment Due Date: TWO Weeks Before Selected Day(s) of Camp
Payment Methods: Please view the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM for payment methods