To our MJM family,
We appreciate your continued loyalty and patience during this challenging time. Please note currently the provincial order of a state of emergency announced March 28, 2020 is still in effect until June 2, 2020. However, today’s announcements by the provincial government have allowed us to adjust our policies.
We have a new biosecurity protocol, in place as of MONDAY, MAY 25, 2020. Please read carefully and be advised that failure to follow these protocols will result in the individual being asked to leave.
MJM Biosecurity protocol:
Before coming to the barn:
- Remember, you must not come to the barn and need to self-isolate at home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has had them
- Remember before returning to the barn after being in close proximity to someone with COVID-19 or having had COVID-19 yourself, you need to self isolate for a minimum of 14 days and be symptom free
- You must not come to the barn if you have traveled outside of the province of Ontario in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has
When coming to the barn
- As per the new bylaw starting Mon July 20th anyone entering the facility must wear a face covering / mask. Riders may only remove their face covering / mask once mounted.
- All riders are required to bring their own helmet to every lesson. Helmets must be equestrian specific ASTM SEI Certified.
- Park in the marked parking area, not in front of the barn building
- Park vehicles 2m apart (spots will be marked)
- Please come up during assigned lesson time ONLY (do not come up earlier or later)
- Enter at the entrance by the port a potty
- Do not enter on the side with the stalls. Riders and their guardians are only to be in the open area or the arena
- Hand sanitize on barn entry; hand washing station will be located by the entrance
- Each student must have only ONE guardian with them if they are a minor, no extra visitors
- Always keep 6ft of distance apart. There will be five picnic tables in the open area. Each rider (and their guardian) will sit at their own picnic table until they are called by their instructor into the arena
- We strongly recommend wearing disposable gloves and face-covering. We will have disposable gloves available at the entrance
- Please be as efficient in leaving and coming as possible. Be on time, not early or late.
- A garbage can will be available by the port a potty for any disposable gloves or masks
Protocols while riding
- The instructors & barn staff will tack and untack all horses
- Each student will be called into the arena one at a time
- The instructor will individually assist the student with mounting
- The instructor will wear a face covering
- The instructor will hand sanitize between riders when assisting with mounting and dismounting
Protocols for cleaning surfaces
- The synthetic reins and saddles will be wiped down by the instructors after each lesson
- All sitting surfaces will be wiped down by staff at the end of each day
As soon as we know of any further changes in legislation, we will let you know. These policies have been developed to comply with provincial legislation and follow Equine Canada and Ontario Equestrian recommendations for re-opening stables during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please do everything you can to work with us and care for others.