No Show Policy
At MJM Riding School we give all our students the opportunity to pay as you go instead of requiring riders to pay multiple lessons in advance. The downside is that when a student does not show up for a lesson it causes issues for the school and our instructors, so we will be implementing a “No show policy” starting April 1st, 2018
Definition of “No Show”: Rider does not appear at scheduled lesson and has not contacted the school at a minimum 24 hours before their lesson time. Cancellations must be made through administration, via email firstname.lastname@example.org Do not rely on your instructor to pass the information to administration.
What happens when you have a “No Show”
A $10 fee will be required in addition to the usual lesson fee at the next lesson. Two “No shows” in a row and the lesson time will be reassigned or cancelled.
Supervision Policy: Children under 16
MJM Riding School prides itself on having extremely well trained school horses. However, we all must remember that they are still 1500lb animals who do have a mind of their own. So all of our students can learn and have fun in a safe environment we ask that all children under the age of 16 be supervised by a parent or guardian when an instructor is not present.
To offer our students the most riding time our group lessons are one hour in length.
To achieve this we ask that all students arrive 20-30 mins before the start of their lesson to groom and tack up their assigned horse. During this time the parent or guardian who brought them to the facility must stay with their child the entire time until the instructor has finished teaching their previous lesson and enters the aisle to start the next lesson.
If a student arrives late and wishes to still join the lesson, it is not the responsibility of the instructor to supervise grooming and tacking if a student arrives late, the parent or guardian must remain with them while they groom and tack the horse.
The parent or guardian may only leave once the student is now in the arena under the supervision of the instructor.
Being able to groom and tack the horse with minimal assistance is an expectation of being in a group lesson. Occasionally we have barn staff and volunteers who are available to assist. If you feel that you and your child are not comfortable with grooming and tacking independently please contact us to arrange a private lesson so that the skill to groom & tack can be more confidently developed in a one on one lesson.
- There is no open toed foot wear permitted in the barn. Anyone without appropriate footwear will not be allowed entry.
- There is no running or loud noises in the barn.
- All riders must sign a waiver and rider registration form before riding, anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign.
- All participants regardless of age must wear a helmet while mounted.
- Please be respectful of the main boarding facility, for anyone wishing to view the boarding facility or horses please alert your instructor and a tour can be arranged.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children who are not signed up for lessons must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. They are not the responsibility of the Instructors or Barn Staff.
- There is no in hand feeding of treats to horses. All treats must be placed in a feed tub.
- For the safety of our horses mints, apples and carrots are the only treats our horses can be fed.